Sunday, July 13, 2008

What a day....




Let me begin by apologizing to all my loyal readers (all one of you) for not posting anything in the past few days. I was dealing with some family issues, but fortunately everything is fine now.




A couple weeks ago I realized that my longest race to date has been a 5 mile and with the half-marathon coming up I wanted to get some experience with something a little longer, so I had signed up for today's NYRR Park to Park 10k. Alex joined me for the race as we had a full day planned, and as it was his turn to beat me, I had to pretend to have a hurt knee and ankle so that I could hold back and let him cross the finish line before me. Okay, seriously, I did not let him win, he ran a better race than me today, and yet I am very happy with me performance and optimistic going into the half in two weeks.


We left central park immediately following the race, despite Alex pestering like a child to stay for the swim in Lasker pool, and headed back to Rockaway to clean up, change, pick up two other people, and head to Yankee Stadium for the All Stars Futures Game and Celebrity Softball Game. Our seats were amazing and we got some excellent pictures to show our view.
The only negative to the day was that I think I jinxed my beloved NY Mets by suggesting we go to the Met game after leaving the first two games so that we can see them move into first place. At the time, Philadelphia was losing to Arizona 2-1 in the 7th inning and had Arizona held on and the Mets won, they would be in first going into the break. Next thing we knew, Philly won the game 6-3 and now the best the Mets can do is remain a half game out, which from the looks of the first three innings, is looking very good. Oops , I hope I didn't jinx this game too.

No comments: