Thursday, July 24, 2008

These Shoes Are Made For Running....


With 2 Half Marathons and 1 Marathon coming up in the next 3 months, not to mention all the training miles, I think it is time to pick up another pair of running shoes. As Alex has been raving to me about his new New Balance shoes, I decided to take a trip to my local running store and try on a few pair. The one that I found most comfortable overall and most appealing to me in the style department were the New Balance 1011 in a size 9. http://www.newbalance.com/running/footwear/MR1011/

First of all, as I often struggle with lacing (too tight? too loose? I don't know) and have tried the bungee laces to no avail, I found the lacing/webbing system to be very comfortable and supportive at the same time. The weight of the shoes is a little heavier than I am used to but I did not find that to be a problem at all. Also, for a very stabile shoe, the forefoot has nice flexibility which offers a smooth transition to the toe-off phase.

No comments: