Sunday, July 6, 2008

My First Posting

Wow, my first Blog. It's about time I've moved into this century. Well, I said I was creating this blog to chronicle my journey to the Hartford Marathon, which will be my first, on 10/11/08, so I'll begin with a summary of my recent runs. As I just started running again on Wednesday after a week layoff from my deviated septum surgery (highly recommended if anyone has that condition), I ran 7 miles on Wednesday, 4 Miles on Friday, 4 Miles on Saturday, and 3 Miles this morning. Tomorrow is an off day and then I officially begin my 14 week training program. I chose to run by myself this morning in Rockaway since Alex (http://roadtonewyork.blogspot.com/) emailed me at 3 a.m. that he would not be running with the club (http://www.forestparkrunners.org/) today and John is away. Rockaway Beach is such a nice scenic place to go for a run and I am very fortunate to live there, however this morning I decided to run the streets through the neighborhood instead of the boardwalk.

1 comment:

Machine. said...

Bravo! Bravissimo! Welcome to the "other" side of running, the cyber nether world of wordsmithing your travels, of explaining yourself to strangers, and of the obsessed fellow bloggers that will flock to your world and share you theirs.

If I could paste a Jackson here to wish you luck, I would.

You have just embarked on an amazing journey and there's no turning back! BuhaahahahaahHaha!!!!