Friday, July 18, 2008

Hot Hot Hot

To avoid the heat, I went out for my long run this morning at 5:45. Guess what.....it was still pretty damn hot. I was pleased with my performance as I did 11 Miles in 1:38:15, a 8:56 pace. This was my last hard run before the NYC Half marathon next week on 7/27. I will cross train, go to Bikram Yoga, and do a few short easy runs over the next 8 days.



I came home from the run and showered, ate, and relaxed for a short while before heading out to my first Bikram Yoga class. For those unfamiliar with Bikram Yoga...
Bikram Yoga's twenty-six posture exercises systematically move fresh, oxygenated blood to one hundred percent of your body, to each organ and fiber, restoring all systems to healthy working order, just as Nature intended. Proper weight, muscle tone, vibrant good health, and a sense of well-being will automatically follow.
Oh, I forgot to mention, the room is set to a little over 100 degrees. The heat definitely does help one get deeper into the poses. I was able to do things like....




I am looking forward to the benefits that regular practice of Bikram Yoga will have on my running, as well as my overall health and well being.

Well, it's off to dinner and the Billy Joel concert. Depending on the guest stars tonight, I may lose the friendship of my training partner.....Oh hell, I can replace Alex....Paul McCartney with Billy Joel is a once in a lifetime experience.

No comments: